Migraine Awareness Month #3: Just Shoot Me Now

I'm taking part in a 1-month blogging challenge from Health Central's migraine group. Today's blog - what's my worst migraine trigger, how do I avoid it, and how do I handle it when I can't avoid it. 


OK. So, I my big trigger is something I can't avoid very well - or at least I don't know how to avoid it yet. It's those dreadful hormones. They take my body on a wild ride every month. Twice a month, at peaks in my hormone cycle, my head goes through the ringer. I started on a continuous birth control pill, Seasonale, in hopes that by regulating my cycle, it will raise my migraine threshold, so I have fewer and less severe migraines.  


National Migraine Awareness Month is initiated by the National Headache Foundation. The Blogger's Challenge is initiated by www.FightingHeadacheDisorders.com.

0 comments:

Hats Make Me Happy

Hats Make Me Happy
An Easter Hat and Me

Step into my inner world.

Sometimes, I hesitate to share thoughts that flit and emotions that surge and wane. Yet I so value when my friends share these insights with me. I get to know them in a special way.

So I invite you to get to know me - or continue knowing me - through this space of exploration.

I promise to reveal some of the joys, fears, observations, profundity, and ironies of life that come to mind day by day.

Don't forget to share with me your own inner sphere!

"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else, is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting." - e.e. cummings