A Prayer Creation

My church, The Village Chapel, is hosting an art exhibit for a few months on the theme of Prayer. I ended up writing a poem about my experience with prayer, and finding images that reminded me of praying. The first collage I created was so much fun, but when I tried to adhere the vellum to the board, the glue showed up and looked awful.

Here is the first go:

I painted the board with a gold flecked green, put this great fine platinum glitter around the outer edge, layered the images under the vellum, printed the poem on the vellum, and laid it on top of the pics, and added some torn handmade paper that has these great silver flecks in it. But the glue "ring" just looked terrible.

So, I had to redo the project completely. I pulled out old copies of magazines - Relevant and Radiant magazines helped tremendously.

Here is how it looked out pieced together, before gluing it down. The final result has slightly different placement of the images, and is in a lovely silvered frame. I love the juxtaposition of the big image of the man in the upper right and the woman with the blue eyeshadow.

I'll try to post the poem itself soon...

It was really fun to get caught up in a creative project again. It's been awhile since I've touched my collage materials. So much fun!

0 comments:

Hats Make Me Happy

Hats Make Me Happy
An Easter Hat and Me

Step into my inner world.

Sometimes, I hesitate to share thoughts that flit and emotions that surge and wane. Yet I so value when my friends share these insights with me. I get to know them in a special way.

So I invite you to get to know me - or continue knowing me - through this space of exploration.

I promise to reveal some of the joys, fears, observations, profundity, and ironies of life that come to mind day by day.

Don't forget to share with me your own inner sphere!

"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else, is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting." - e.e. cummings