A Benediction

I read this benediction at the very end of the marvellous book Make Your Creative Dreams Real: A Plan for Procrastinators, Perfectionists, Busy People, and People Who Would Really Rather Sleep All Day by the very authentic SARK:



A Gift For You

I Send You...The awareness that you are inspiring. You are inspiring to me, reading this book. You are inspiring to me in the following ways:

For your tiny and large kindnesses, for your glad heart and your confused tears, for your stumbling and yearning.

For your endearing soul and rare insights, for your impossible moods and hopeless moments.

For your rage and despair and explorations in shadows and darkness, for your resistance and conflict and refusal to feel good, or do good things.

For your selflessness and especially for your selfishness.

For your pathetic vulnerable times and for all your splendidly human moments. For your incandescent spirit and ingenious escapes.

For your will and suffering.

For everything that you've tried to hide.

For your failings and attempts and for all that you have lost and found.

For your regrets and loneliness and for every fear that has ever stalked you.

For your neurotic bumbling.

For radiant knowledge and countless expressions of love.

You are inspiring to me because you are exquisitely YOU.

Don't you think that is the best message you could ever hope to receive? I want to write it to all my friends in their birthday cards from now on! I hope you read every word and take it in to yourself as the words of a friend to your heart. I hope I can do the same!

I've had so many supportive friends around me lately. It really makes the difference. Instead of despairing, I've felt borne by their belief in me, in God for me, in God being intimately involved in my life when I can't see His hand.

There have been times in the past when most of my friends were far away. It can be so wearying to try to stay encouraged when I am so far away from the people who know me best and love me in my weaknesses and somehow see my strengths even when I feel lowest of the low. But over the past year, God has blessed me with some dear friends who are coming around me to support me valiantly. I can also stand in the gap for them when they aren't able to believe for themselves, in themselves. And we can laugh before, during, or after the gift of tears and the black of fears.

I send this note from SARK out to these friends. Far and near, the ones who hold my heart, and allow me to hold theirs. I love you.

P.S. I changed up the formatting of SARK's quote so it's easier to read and absorb.

0 comments:

Hats Make Me Happy

Hats Make Me Happy
An Easter Hat and Me

Step into my inner world.

Sometimes, I hesitate to share thoughts that flit and emotions that surge and wane. Yet I so value when my friends share these insights with me. I get to know them in a special way.

So I invite you to get to know me - or continue knowing me - through this space of exploration.

I promise to reveal some of the joys, fears, observations, profundity, and ironies of life that come to mind day by day.

Don't forget to share with me your own inner sphere!

"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else, is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting." - e.e. cummings