Artsy Sheltie

Ever since I got Sean, I have become a big fan of Shelties. He's just the best dog! So in honor of my boy, and taking an idea from Katie's eye-candy blog post, I thought I'd highlight some really fun Sheltie arts from etsy.com. We'll see how many I can fit in one post!

First is this absolutely gorgeous watercolor Sheltie - it makes me want to learn how to capture the personality and joy of a dog in a painting:


another by the same artist - I see this pose a lot with Sean!











a lovely graphite pencil drawing of a Sheltie by Glenda S. Harlan - since it isn't in color, it looks more like Sean:



"Dawn" - Really cute painting of shelties looking over their domain at dawn by Todd Young - I love his other pictures too - he calls them "modern folk art" - so cool:


Poppies - another by him - I may have to get these two sometime!


I want to have Christmas cards made with this image, Sheltie's Tree also by Young:


Kudos for imagination and use of color

If I had a kid, I'd have this in their room. It's so detailed and colorful and imaginative and would allow for a lot of daydreaming. Actually, it's growing on me more and more!:


Party Sheltie - I don't think I would want this unless it was a card image, but it is very well executed, don't you think?


Dream Sheltie Collage - I wish the actual face image was done differently - it is a little spooky in this shade of red I think. But it's really a cool collage:


Well, I hope you enjoyed all the Shelties - don't you want to run out and foster a rescue or something? Me, too!

1 comments:

Anonymous July 6, 2009 at 6:35 PM  

Who knew there was such a selection of sheltie art? I like "Dawn" and the watercolors. Pretty cool

Hats Make Me Happy

Hats Make Me Happy
An Easter Hat and Me

Step into my inner world.

Sometimes, I hesitate to share thoughts that flit and emotions that surge and wane. Yet I so value when my friends share these insights with me. I get to know them in a special way.

So I invite you to get to know me - or continue knowing me - through this space of exploration.

I promise to reveal some of the joys, fears, observations, profundity, and ironies of life that come to mind day by day.

Don't forget to share with me your own inner sphere!

"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else, is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting." - e.e. cummings